Bill has worked in the fields of psychology and organizational consulting for twenty years. He received his doctorate in psychology and systems theory from Virginia Tech in 1986 and began working as a therapist, supervisor, teacher and consultant. He is currently a licensed psychologist and family therapist in New Hampshire.
Much of Bill’s experience has been in health care. He has been a faculty member in family medicine residency education in Fort Collins, Colorado, at Duke University in North Carolina, and currently is in Concord, New Hampshire. His primary responsibility in these positions has been to provide supervision to physicians, psychotherapists and other health care providers creating effective, comprehensive, psychosocial, primary care interventions.
Bill has also worked as an organizational development trainer and consultant outside of health care, primarily with Catalyst. He has been part of large initiatives in a variety of organizations, including retail, software development, and the timber industry. His focus is in using adult learning theory to create processes and programs that create lasting change. He is a certified coach and provides training in the areas of vision and strategy development, emotional intelligence, situational leadership and team development, conflict resolution, and change management. He uses both indoor facilitation methods and indoor/outdoor simulations to enhance learning.
In his current role, part of Bill’s time is spent as an internal consultant at Concord Hospital in New Hampshire, a facility with 2000 employees. He works in collaboration with the Director of Organizational Development to create cultural changes. The following are examples of programs and initiatives created for the hospital:
- Developed a six-month longitudinal program for senior management focused on strategies to create a learning organization.
- Developed a new management course on methods and strategies to create a High Trust/High Accountability workplace.
- Provided executive coaching for senior management and physicians, including meeting performance observation and feedback.
- Coordinated a vision and strategy process, using the Catalyst process, with both small teams and large departments.
- Based on emotional intelligence concepts, developed a new performance management process focused on coaching and creating developmental plans for managers.
Bill lives with his partner Johane in Bow, a suburb of Concord. He has three sons: Josh, Sean and Will. He enjoys hiking and biking in the White Mountains as well kayaking in the lakes and rivers of New England.